Restoration work continues at Galloway House and Village
Woicek Barn, Adams House and more undergo transformations
Fond du Lac County Historical Society has been working with local builders on preservation projects on several of the buildings at the Galloway House and Village during the Fall of 2019. The Woicek Barn had a roof replacement in 2018, and in October 2019 the siding was replaced and recovered. The barn also received a fresh coat of red paint, matched to the original shade.
The Adams House also had siding replaced and repaired, and new paint in the Fall of 2019. The new siding will help protect the building from water damage. Several gutters were replaced, helping to protect from ice dams that occasionally form over winter.
Upcoming projects include replacing the foundation and chinking of the Log Cabin, siding repairs on the Grist Mill and Railroad Depot.
For the latest news about preservation projects at the Galloway House and Village, follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/fdlhistory/ .
Donations for preserving our buildings is always appreciated. Visit “DONATE” under the “Support” tab for information on how to give. If you would like to volunteer with these projects, please call 920-922-1166.